Think BIG About Your Future...
Our ThinkBIG! Dealer Technician internship program offers aspiring diesel service technicians the opportunity to receive Caterpillar® specific technical training combined with hands-on work experience at a Puckett Machinery heavy equipment branch location. Interns learn how to service Cat® equipment using cutting-edge diagnostic and maintenance systems, advanced technologies, and high-tech tools.
Each spring, PMC awards ThinkBIG! internships to top candidates (high school graduates or higher) to attend South Georgia Technical College (SGTC) in Americus, GA for technical and academic instruction to pursue their associate degree in applied technology. This is a 5 semester program with 8 week rotations between classroom/lab learning at SGTC and paid intern working/learning as a part-time employee in one of our service shops with an assigned mentor. You can learn more about SGTC and our program at www.southgatech.edu
Following successful graduation from the program, interns:
• Receive their associate degree in applied technology;
• Begin receiving tuition reimbursement for incurred tuition and book expenses;
• Receive the offer of a full-time service technician position.
Applications for the ThinkBIG! program are accepted during the months of December through March. Finalists are selected in April/May and the program begins in August in conjunction with the start of the fall semester.
The following information is required as part of the ThinkBIG! application process:
• Proof of ACT or comparable standardized test scores (minimum overall score of 18 required)
• An official copy of high school transcript (minimum GPA of 2.5 and 95% attendance record)
• A copy of applicant’s resume describing education and work experience, career-related activities and leadership roles held at work, church, school
• A personal essay describing applicant’s character and work ethic and motivation for pursuing a career in diesel technology and the ThinkBIG! program
• A written letter of recommendation from a non-family member, preferably a school administrator or an employer
For more information about the program, contact Teresa Odom, Director HR at firstname.lastname@example.org