Puckett Machinery Company Names Hastings Puckett as Its New President01/06/2011
JACKSON, MS – Hastings Puckett has been named president of Puckett Machinery Company, the Caterpillar heavy equipment, rental services, and engine dealer for central and southern Mississippi, effective January 1, 2011. Hastings succeeds Richard Puckett, who has served as company president and CEO since 1987. Richard will become the company’s chairman and CEO.
“With this move, Hastings becomes the third generation president of Puckett Machinery Company,” stated Richard Puckett. “That says a lot about the stability and success of our company, our culture, and our values. Hastings has both the experience and the past performance to lead our company to the next level, and I am very excited about our company’s future as we move forward under his leadership.”
In his new role as president, Hastings will lead Puckett Machinery’s executive management team in executing the company’s corporate strategy. He will be intimately involved in all facets of the company’s operations and will be fully responsible for overall corporate performance.
Hastings began his career with the company in 2000. Most recently, Hastings held the position of Senior Vice President, with responsibility for corporate sales, product support, and rental services. During his career with Puckett Machinery, Hastings has also served successfully as, Rental Services Operations Manager, Rental Services General Manager, and Vice President of Sales.
Hastings is a Summa Cum Laude graduate from Mississippi State University, earning a bachelor’s degree in Corporate Finance in 1999. He and his wife, Amanda, reside in Ridgeland, MS and have two sons: Peyton and Parker.
Since 1982, Puckett Machinery Company has been the Caterpillar dealer for Mississippi’s southernmost 40 counties. For more information, please visit the company’s website: www.puckettcat.com .
For more information about this release, please contact:
John Chesney, Director of Corporate Development
Telephone: (601) 592-0626
- 03/28/2013 — Puckett Machinery donates engine to Hinds CC Ag/Diesel program
- 03/28/2013 — Mayor's Spirit Award
- 03/28/2013 — Flowood Puckett Plant to Open Fall 2013
- 03/28/2013 — Puckett Machinery, Mississippi Cat Dealer, to Build New Headquarters
- 06/08/2012 — Puckett Machinery Company Breaks Ground on New Headquarters in Flowood
- 06/08/2012 — Puckett Machinery Company Achieves Caterpillar’s Circle of Excellence Award
- 06/08/2012 — Puckett Rents Opens New Cat Rental Store in Meridian
- 06/08/2012 — Puckett Machinery Company Names Hastings Puckett as Its New President
- 06/08/2012 — Puckett Machinery and D-M Equipment Announce Merger and Acquisition