Scheduled Oil Sampling
You can rely on Puckett Machinery Company’s Scheduled Oil Sampling (SOS) services to give you accurate sample interpretations based on Caterpillar's testing protocol for oil analysis.
• Wear metal concentrations are monitored for component wear and contaminant levels
• Oil additive packages evaluated for depletion
• Particle counts identify system contaminants
• Check for entry of fuel, water, coolant, and dirt
• Minor problems detected before they become catastrophic failures
Monitor the condition of your cooling systems to help prevent heat-related breakdowns.
• Check total dissolved solids concentrations, coolant and Supplemental Coolant Additives (SCA) levels
• Measure coolant levels
• Monitor foaming characteristics
• Note unusual odors
Determine the condition of your diesel fuel to help maintain your equipment's performance and productivity.
• Check for water, dirt and bacterial contaminants
• Determine flash point and API gravity
• Wear metal and oil additive analysis identifies the presence of engine oil in the fuel system